Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
Yields: 12 Servings
Start with a cooked rotisserie chicken from your grocer’s deli, and you cut out most of the work! This is super healthy too!
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Onion
- 1 bunch Celery
- 1 bag Carrots, precut matchsticks
- 1 Tbs Minced Garlic
- 2 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 6 ounce bag Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 head Cabbage
- 2 1/2 cartons Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 8 ounces Egg Noodles
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- Heat oil in large soup pot, add onion and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, cabbage and garlic.
- Cover and “sweat” until softened.
- Add salt and pepper, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Stir in noodle pieces and cook until almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach leaves and chicken.
- Simmer until spinach is wilted and chicken is heated through..
- Calories: 225
- Fat: 9.9228052608 grams
- Carbs: 16.7326285439 grams
- Protein: 16.8944419507 grams