Yields: 4 Servings
An easy-to-make, much lighter version of the classic French bean stew.
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- 3/4 pound Italian chicken sausage
- 2 19 oz cans white beans (Cannellini)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence
- 1 pinch kosher Salt
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- Brown the sausage lightly in a saute pan and layer it in the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Lightly season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place on top of the warm sausage.
Sprinkle half the Herbs de Provence over the chicken.
- Drop the bay leaf into the pot.
Drain and rinse two cans of white beans and cover the chicken with them.
- (I prefer cannellini, but Great Northern, Navy beans, or Marrow beans will work as well.)
Sprinkle the rest of the Herbs de Provence over the beans.
Pour in the chicken broth to cover all ingredients.
Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or on Low for 6 hours.
- (If you use frozen chicken, increase cooking time by 1 hour.)
Let stand for a half hour or so before serving..
- Calories: 307
- Fat: 26.6590717852 grams
- Carbs: 1.36547320094 grams
- Protein: 14.5815736359 grams